How to Buy Domain and Hosting in India – Easy Guide
By Arshath | May 30, 2022
The purpose of getting your business online got better than what it was yesterday. The immediate first action to get online would be to get your website live. To start that, you need to buy domain and hosting in India, which you can do with ease after following the guidelines one by one as it’s given below.
Seekahost Guide To Buy Domain And Hosting in India
Process 1: Purchase a domain name
Create an account with Seekahost India and go for buy domain and hosting in India -> https://portal.seekahost.in/index.php/login.
Make a clear picture yourself of what you are going to build the website for and what your target audiences are and purchase the domain name accordingly.
Register domain -> https://www.seekahost.in/register-domain/.
Process to register domains -> https://www.seekahost.in/how-to-register-a-domain/.
To transfer domains, Login to the client area.
Process to Transfer the domain ownership -> https://www.seekahost.com/transfer-domain-ownership/.
Once enter the page, you need to enter three details here.
Domain name -> Domain you want to transfer from a previous domain registrar.
Authentication code -> Code that you have received from the previous domain registrar after initiating the transfer.
Captcha code -> Enter the correct code as shown in the image.
Process 2: Purchase a hosting package
Once purchased the domains, you need hosting to store files and develop your website. Before purchasing a package, know your requirements for the domains and choose accordingly.
Go to Seekahost.in and click “Hosting” and choose the package.
Steps to purchase Package (Business, Shared and WordPress):
- Click “Get started” on which plan you choose from the package.
- You will have three options to choose from,
- Register a new domain
- Transfer your domain from another registrar
- I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers
If you want to register multiple domains, once you enter the first domain, click “Continue”. It will act as the main domain. Now again come back and do the same process for all the domains which you can add as add-on domains.
Process to add an Addon domain -> https://www.seekahost.in/create-addon-domain-in-cpanel/
- Choose the billing cycle and Server Location. Click “Continue”.
- Choose the currency you want to pay in the future.
- Update the existing contact details or new contact detail where you want to receive the details.
- Choose the payment method you like to pay.
- Click “Checkout”.
- If you have purchased a domain alongside, you can enable the DNS Management (Free), ID protection and Email forwarding (Free) for the domain.
NOTE: You can save 20% for the Business package and 25% for WordPress Package on the Annually cycle.
- Once completed, again click “Checkout” and make the payment.
- For Business Hosting, you will receive the domain cPanel and nameserver details to the registered mail ID with Seekahost.
- For WordPress Package, you will receive the domain cPanel and nameserver details along with the WordPress installation details to the registered mail ID in Seekahost India.
Process 3: Nameserver Update:
- You will receive the cPanel details of the nameserver and IP for the domains you have mentioned through the ticket and registered mail id once our team hosted it.
- After receiving the details, you are obliged to update that nameserver in your domain registrar to activate the website.
NOTE: Kindly wait a maximum of 24 to 48 hours after the update for completion of propagation. Only after confirming, move on to the next process below.
- Once confirmed, log in to the cPanel of the respective domain and upload it to make the site live with that content.
- Upload the content you have or install WordPress through softaculous and develop your website then.
Install WordPress -> https://www.seekahost.in/how-to-install-wordpress-in-cpanel/.
NOTE: If there is no content, the website will show 403 Forbidden.
Process 4: Install SSL
Only after a successful update of our nameservers / A record, install SSL.
Steps to Install SSL -> https://www.seekahost.in/install-free-ssl-in-cpanel/.
Steps to Purchase SSL -> https://www.seekahost.in/ssl-certificate-configuration-stpes/
NOTE: Avoid repeated failure of SSL running if it shows any error after install.
Process 5: HTTP to HTTPS redirect
After installing SSL, if the website still does not load with HTTPS, you can do a force redirect from cPanel. It will load the website even if access to it with HTTP.
Steps for Force Redirection -> https://www.seekahost.com/how-to-redirect-from-http-to-https/
To raise ticket, login to client area -> Ticket -> Open Ticket.
All the tickets you have raised will get displayed here. You can click on those tickets to check their status.
Choose the service under which you want to raise a ticket. Mention the subject and explain in detail your query in the message box.
If you want to attach any additional files to let us know more details regarding your ticket, you can attach the file as shown in the image below,
Click “Submit” and the ticket id will be shown.
If you have any queries regarding the above steps, you can also contact us through Live Chat Support team 24*7. We will help you in clarifying your query.
Hope you get everything to get started at Seekahost India!