How to fix 404 Not Found Error?
By menaga | January 7, 2021
HTTP status code will display if there is something that went wrong with the request from the browser to the webserver. This status code will explain what happened with the request. Continue reading to know how to fix 404 not found.
There are many HTTP status codes such as HTTP 400, HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, etc
These errors are more common which can be solved very easily. Here you can see the simple steps to solve HTTP 404 Not found.
Different browsers display error messages differently,
- Error 404
- 404 Not Found
- HTTP Error 404
- Not Found
- Page Not Found
- HTTP 404 Not Found
- The page cannot be found
- The requested URL was not found on this server
- We can’t find the page you’re looking for.
- The requested URL/~ was not found on this server.
What Causes Error 404?
There are many reasons for the 404 error code:
- The page that you have requested is removed or may be moved to another location.
- The page has been moved to another URL and the redirection was made incorrect.
- The URL may be written incorrectly during the creation process or typed incorrectly in the browser.
- Due to server malfunctions, the connection is broken.
- Domain name requested can’t be converted to an IP address by DNS.
- A domain that you entered doesn’t exist anymore.
How to fix the Error 404 Not Found?
- The page may do not load properly. So reload the page by just click on the refresh button or by pressing the F5 button.
- Check the URL. Either you have typed the URL or been directed via a link. There could be a mistake, you have typed incorrectly or the person who created that link may be incorrect.
- Another way to fix this error is to redirect the page to another one. Use 301 redirection response code for redirection, which indicates a browser that the content has been moved to another URL.
- Clear browser cache and cookies. In case if you found that this error message comes up only for you, clear the browser cache and cookies
Refer below to fix the following errors,
If you are a registered user in SeekaHost and have any queries to be clarified or issues to be sorted, you can raise a ticket through the client area dashboard or for immediate interaction or guidelines, contact our support team available in LiveChat at the right bottom corner of the website.