Learn how to convert Wix to WordPress?
By Gowdham | July 13, 2020
Do you have a website on Wix and you are planning to WordPress. It’s very simple to move your site from Wix to WordPress. Before moving your site, you should follow the steps in moving your site. Wix is a website creating platform which is similar to WordPress.
When compared to Wix, WordPress has more features than it. In this article, we have guided you on how to move your website from Wix to WordPress.
The basic steps in moving your site from Wix to WordPress are:
Purchasing the WordPress Hosting
To move your site from the Wix, you need to have a WordPress hosting. Without a hosting package, it’s not possible to move your site. So, you need to purchase the WordPress hosting package from the reliable hosting service provider. Also, you need to buy the domain name. To purchase the WordPress hosting, have a look on the details such as bandwidth, disk space, and lot more. Choose the wise hosting package depending on your needs.
Setting the WordPress
After purchasing the WordPress hosting package, now you will be having full access to it. Now, get into WordPress make changes to it. If you are a beginner in installing a WordPress and configuring it, you can refer this link on how to install the WordPress, etc,.
Installing the Plugin
To make your site transfer from Wix to WordPress, you can use the CMS2CMS plugin which transfers your site automatically. Although it is a premium plugin, it’s worth buying. The plugin looks after all works and completes the migration within a short span of time.
- Click on ‘Plugins’ in the dashboard and tap on ‘Add New’.
- Next, search the plugin ‘CMS2CMS’ in the search box.
- Now, install and activate the plugin. Then, you need to create an account on it. If you have an already created one, you can login by using it.
- After that, connect your Wix website by entering the URL of it. Tap on ‘Verify Connection’.
- Once it’s done, you can set the migration settings. You can migrate the content of your website depending on your needs.
- That’s it. Now you have migrated your website from Wix to WordPress.
[Tweet “How to move website from Wix to WordPress?”]
If you are a registered user in SeekaHost and have any queries to be clarified or issues to be sorted, you can raise a ticket through client area dashboard or email to [email protected] For immediate interaction or guidelines, contact our support team available in LiveChat at the right bottom corner of the website.